Friday, December 19, 2008

Like two lovers...

A Chagall moment:  
Just like music for me, different Artists come into my love affair from time to time. Of course there are always the staples (like Van Gogh).  Whenever I see his work I get a little sick feeling like I love it so much.  I want to crawl into the warmth yellow sunflowers.  Same with Led Zepplin or Van Morrison, I never ever get sick of listening.  Chagall has been quite a recent love affair however.  He paints lovers floating, dreaming. " we float like two lovers ina a painting by chagall"~ the weepies~ (alternative band) touches on Chagall in a song and it sparked me to share my love affair with this artist. Why is it that the full moon brings about romance, and the sound of birds chirping insights love?  Why is the addition of feathers= romantic? cupid? angels?

I feel like I am in a dream with Chagall, a dream that no sleep could ever bring me. Only this paint and a canvas structured by this hand.
Hold on tight for love is fleeting, flying up and over and away.


each time I look at this painting I see something different.  Great painting are like great movies. You always are surprised. 
 
 moon  music  bright  night   sky

More info? check out:: www.chagallpaintings.org

No comments: