Monday, January 26, 2009

No Light. No Life.

The older I get, the more often I realize that the smallest things that use to make me so happy have disappeared and are replaced by big worries.  Looking at something so common as stairs reminds me of this.  Little children love to play on stairs, the up and down is so much fun.  The sense of accomplishment when having had reached the top is great for my 18 month old.  And she climbs down again to start over.  The stairs are like the cycle of life.  There is a top and there is a bottom and our whole lives we are either going up or going down.  It is those rare occasions that we are at the top and realize and appreciate it.  Same is true for the bottom.  You have to hit the bottom before you can go up again. And again And again...
 

The simplest things are TRUE: I LOVE YOU.

Follow the light in your life.  

I saw a quote today it went: "No Light. No Life. " 
It was a great reminder that everything needs Light to Grow. Mostly us silly humans.  How can you grow when you are always in the dark. When you are surrounded by negativity and gloom.  "Goodness" and "self control" are the Light that powers growth.  What are yours?   

No comments: