Monday, January 26, 2009

Some Sugar...




I recently had the opportunity to meet an amazing woman, Jessica "Sugar" Kiper.   You might have seen her on "Survivor" GABON (CBS).  She was cool enough to wear some BelleStyle jewels to the LA Confidential Pre-Golden Globes party in Los Angeles (above).  I told her she reminds me of Marylyn Monroe, and she told me she was a Marylyn impersonator when she lived in San Fransisco before she moved to Los Angeles!  I love how she has a very "Old Hollywood" look.   So naturally she liked BelleStyle's vintage incorporated pieces like the "Nugget" earrings which she has on above.  Nugget is a 4" earring with vintage nuggets, gold colored that I found as a necklace in a wonderful antique shoppe in North Hollywood.  It is the kind of place that has piles and piles of antique findings and amazing pieces.  These nuggets work wonderfully with the baroque cut Swarovski TM crystals (Create with Swarovski), and a black onyx gemstone, make these earrings have meaning as well as the "glam" purpose.  Black onyx is said to protect from negative energy, and is the stone of self mastery and self-control.   


No comments: