Thursday, September 11, 2008

I took an oath.


~ oh no, its not raining~ 
I signed a petition, 
really 10 years too late, to only buy handmade. If you really stop and think about it, wow, Everything? Am I allowed to still buy not hand made computers? I hope because my wonderful beautiful G4 (that was a graduation gift from college in 2002), has died. I will never get rid of her, she got me through so much. I started BelleStyle with her. All the pictures the hours all the project, designs, logos, necklaces, videos, everything for well, 6 and a half years. We have to get another because as some of you know, Alec and I do not have tv. For those of you just finding out, yes, we do not have tv. We never have together. We have never sat in front of the tv for hours on the couch (movies, of course, are another story). 
I live with a movie man, who for all intents and purposes in the visual art field is really the man. He knows it all. His favorite movie, Being There, is what all my friends who were majoring in film had to study at University of Miami. And he just naturally loves that movie. If he ever wants to put me to sleep really, really fast, he knows all he has to do is just slide in the dvd, and I hear Chauncy Gardener's voice, and I am out. He is so visual, that if I really want something to process in his brain instead of just the "yes" he will and actually "do", I just Show him. So, our entertainment/work/visual learning is our computer systems. So Mac, here hopefully come soon or else we are compelled to reading our book and books and books. Though, I really miss playing my Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds Live at Radio City Music Hall dvd in my family room. The girls and I have spent hours upon hours listening to the wonderful piece of work. The best song on the planet? "The Maker". 

No comments: