Wednesday, September 10, 2008

the Peacock pack

Hi! 
Welcome to BelleStyle family blog, we wanted to start off this blog with our trip to the Arboretum on Sunday. Of course being the dyslexic person I am I keep calling it the arboortorioum, like some kind of mental institution, but it is pronounced Arbor-e-tum (pronunciation is for you dad since I know you have the same trouble pronouncing things as I). Anyways, it was only about 15 miles form our home in West Hollywood, but it feels like a different world.


We started out in the carnivorious plants green house, Alec was trying to find man eating plants. 

We didn't find any. 

But it was beautiful to see all the different orchids. We turned the corner to the "Austrailian outback" a walk that looks like what in my mind's eye would be Austrailia then we found the Peacock, or should I say, Maddie's real family. We have all heard of "birds of a feather.." And I thought Maddie was a monkey all this time, No, she must be a peacock. They LOVED her. One male followed her around the entire time. reappearing after a bit to come close to her.







Morgan slept, Alec climbed orange, grapefruit, and lemon trees. The valencia oranges are the juiciest sweetest oranges I have ever tasted. We collected some for the week. Morgan ate the rotten ones off the ground when we turned our head. Ugh. The girl will put anything in her mouth, ANYTHING.

No comments: